Leveraging Video for Brand Building and video marketing statistics
Leveraging Video for Brand Building & Sales
To perform well in the digital world, brands need strong content. This content can come in various forms, but video’s dominance is painting an interesting picture. It’s insatiable demand of videos that’s keeping marketers all over world busy for last 2 years. Almost every company is leveraging video ads to build their brand uniquely and get sales. 50% of the total online traffic comes from viewing content and the total number of viewers is almost 73 million. These figures are tremendously impressive and marketers have got the point about video. Facebook and Google gave importance to video a long time back and now almost everyone understands the power of video content. Online marketing is always going through change and the innovative methods are coming every now and then. Video marketing is the buzzword now and it is here to stay.
What Makes Video Ads So Compelling?
The question here is not about video ads, it is about storytelling using a video. Life on social media is ruled by visual experiences and video helps in creating the most powerful impact. Several modern techniques can be used in case of video marketing and it is most widely used in social media channels and the various websites. Large as well as small businesses can benefit from short-form video, which tells the story of their brand uniquely. It engages instantly with the audience and helps is gaining their trust. Several brands have produced short video and promoted their products as well as services brilliantly.
Almost 64% of customers purchase an item, if a video representation is available on the website. This indicated clearly that video has won the hearts of customers and they prefer it over other forms of content.
Video Marketing Directly Boosts Sales
The algorithm in the popular social media websites likes Facebook and Twitter have changed and now video content is favoured. For marketers, boosting the sales is the most important thing and what better way than video ads. Fresh leads are accumulated in the sales funnel and by focusing on video ads the conversion rate also goes high. This metric is irrespective of the category, as video works in every sector. Moreover, video marketing denotes confidence and it can be a good tool in the brand building exercise.
Video Ads Have Great ROI
If your company doesn’t have a proper video marketing strategy, you are already lagging behind. ROI is everything in digital marketing and video provides an impressive ROI. Approximately 76% of marketers have agreed to this and the data is showing some impressive details. You don’t need a big setup to produce videos, as smartphones can do the job as well.
Video Marketing Success – Case Study
Apple is known for their innovative marketing strategies and on the digital front, they broke all records by creating a powerful video campaign to promote the new iPhone. The video ad features Taylor Swift and it was instantly engaging. The video got millions of views and it helped Apple increase iPhone sales. They key is to be creative, innovative and consistent. Customers always appreciate and connect with good content.
Some insights to form video marketing strategy from wordstream
Video Marketing Volume Statistics
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost 1/3rd of total internet users.
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week.
- More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube each day.
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than the major U.S. television networks have created in 30 years.
- 87% of online marketers use video content.
Mobile Video Marketing Statistics
- Over half of video content is viewed on mobile.
- 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others.
- 90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device.
- Periscope users have created more than 200 million broadcasts.
- 10 million videos are watched on Snapchat per day.
Video Marketing Engagement Statistics
- 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
- You can now use GIFs in Facebook ads! We tried it out ourselves, and on the first day the ad below outperformed any other live Facebook ad we were running.
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs.
- Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement.
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound.
- Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more.
- Native videos on Facebook have 10 times higher reach compared to YouTube links.
- The average CVR for websites using video is 4.8%, compared to 2.9% for those that don’t use video.
- Having a video on a landing page makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of the SERP.
- 46% of users act after viewing an ad.
- An initial email with a video receives an increase click-through rate by 96%.
- 14% of marketers used live videos in their social media marketing in 2016.
- 44% of SMB owners and marketers plan to put money behind video content on Facebook in 2017.
- Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors.
- Blog posts incorporating video attract 3x as many inbound links as blog posts without video.
- Combining video with full-page ads boosts engagement by 22 percent.
Fun Video Marketing Facts
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
- Internet video traffic will be 69% of all global consumer Internet traffic in 2017.
- By 2019, internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic.
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video.